When it comes to writing an assignment, it is difficult to find a conceptualized guide with lucid and straightforward tips that are easy to understand. Students look for expert guidance that will be available whenever they desire it, as students frequently need repetitive guidance on the same subject. Some aspects in any assignment are very important while some other matters don’t need much focus. Above all, the most standard assignment can be written when the students get expert guidance where the different parameters are explained thoroughly and whenever needed repetitively.
Practical Tips on Assignment Writing
Some practical tips are given here that will enable the students to write an ace assignment that will immediately catch attention of the teachers and reviewers:
- Utilization of all resources- These days internet has become the primary source of reference for any kind of research work. Students may find lot of resources, but too much of them may confuse them. Students need to be clear regarding their needs and what references to collect for that purpose. Apart from internet, college library and other standard libraries can also be visited for getting right references and information.
- Analytical thinking – Students should think over the subject matter analytically. Academic assignments need thorough research and interpretation of the subject matter, the heading and subheading in perfect order. Where graphical and data based interpretation are needed, the students need to be precise and to the point.
- Continuity of ideas – Things may seem confusing in the middle of any assignment. A student should not be distracted from the subject matter and have to be sure that the ideas are flowing continuously within and between paragraphs. The style of writing should be reader centric, easy to understand and well structured. So, the reader will be able to follow the interpretations easily.
- Use of language and writing style – Students need to know in details the writing standard they need to follow. It means lot of things – the tone and style of writing, the referencing standard like Harvard or Vancouver referencing and use of terminologies etc. Academic writing standards normally written in an impersonal language when the usage of first and second persons is avoided. The acceptable way of explaining the subject matters is by using evidences from trustworthy sources only.
- Usage of sufficient practical examples – Reviewers want to see how the assignment subject is clear to the students. A number of practical examples on the subject matters with relevant evidences are the best way to show how theoretical inferences meet practical problems. It is the part where the students get ample scope to how the theoretical knowledge can be applied in practical situations.
- Paragraphs – A good assignment is written in paragraphs instead numbering and bullets. The paragraphs need to be visibly segregated and not too lengthy.
- Figures and tables – A good assignment should contain all relevant figures and tables wherever required. These helps the readers to understand the subject matter more clearly. Each figure and table needs to have clear headings and references according to the guideline.
Wherever possible the draft assignment should be reviewed 2-3 times by peer groups or persons having good knowledge over the subject matter. Three things need to be focused on while reviewing:
- Whether the assignment has adhered to the subject matter all through?
- Whether the assignment guidelines are followed strictly, like the referencing style, font size, image references, and all other structural parameters etc.?
- Whether the assignment is free from all language error and grammatical errors?
Putting all these matters in perfect order ultimately results in to a top quality assignment that can surely expect good remarks and top marks from the examiners.