A good introduction paragraph is an important part of every academic essay. It builds up your argument and tells your reader what to expect.
The Main Motive of an Introductory Paragraph is:
- To Grab the Reader’s Attention
- Give the Background of the Topic
- Present your Ideas – Your Essay’s Key Point.
When drafting an introduction, you should typically use an ordinary to a specific structure. Introducing the particular topic of the essay will address it in a general sense to provide context, before narrowing it down to your particular position and line of argument.
- Explain the Main Idea in your Introduction (one line only)
- Create your Statement of Purpose like what you really want to Describe in your Essay.
- At least, Make a List of 3-4 Points that Support your Thesis Statement in one or Two Lines Only
What is a Good Introduction Paragraph?
It should point out your essay topic, provide essential context, and must indicate your particular focus in the essay. A good introduction also builds your reader’s interest. A powerful conclusion will give a sense of closure to the essay while again placing your topic or context in a somewhat wider context.
Importance of an Introductory Paragraph for an Essay
Your introductory paragraph is very important. It sets the tone for the whole paper thus introducing the reader to your argument. You want to be sure that your introductory paragraph should contain components like a thesis statement and a preview of how you will frame your argument.
How to Start an Introduction for an Essay?
It doesn’t matter what sort of writing you do, a strong introduction is essential for setting the background of your essay. From college to school and social media to blog post essays, the perfect introduction can help you to create a reader’s interest and persuade them till the end.
The Very Basic yet Important Steps, to Start Writing your Introduction Paragraph for an Essay, are given Below:-
- Use Shocking and Real Facts:- It will help you to attract the reader’s attention with real and shocking facts. For example- “ the new study shows that the average age of pet owners is up to 64 years than those who are without pets”. After that state your thesis briefly and clearly.
- Put the Question:– This is another way to interact with your audience or readers by asking figurative questions. It is a smart trick to start your essay or even newspaper articles or editorial. For example- “the world is changing for everyone rapidly. Where will you see yourself in the upcoming years?”
- Begin with the Anecdote:– A brief anecdote is the best way to begin a personal essay, especially if it fits with your overall background. For instance:- “When I reached home from my college that day, my father greeted me with a smartphone. Neither I get any scholarship nor 99% marks.”
Undoubtedly, an introduction is the soul of an essay, assignment, blog writing, articles, thesis, newspaper editorial, even of your individual personality. In your resume, you highlight the main points of your academic and personal life which help the recruiter to understand your skills. The same goes with essay writing, the introduction shows the main keys of your work by which the reader can think to read it or not.