Cybersecurity and data privacy is the way to deal with the online scams and frauds. Day by day, we humans move towards a more advanced and digital world. As our dependency on digital technology increases rapidly, for the last 7 to 5 years humans have shifted to the digital mode of shopping, payment, sale, and purchase. Digital transactions are also increasing quickly due to the digital revolution. This particular course is specially designed to protect users from cyber attacks and also find ways to deal with cyber-attack and data scam issues. The internet has become more useful in human’s daily lives than ever before. The Internet is not just a means of communication now but it has become a key factor in how one operates a business, stores personal information, and even manages a bank account. Hence, there is so much data that has been transferred across the public network every minute.
To protect from this kind of online threats and spam, the demand for young and energetic professionals is automatically increased. There are various colleges and universities that provide cybersecurity and data privacy courses in which a learner will get to know about cybersecurity, cyber laws, and more about data and privacy. They also learn how to deal with a particular situation where they need to take the right and quick decision to solve the case of cyber fraud.
Top 10 Universities for Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Course
This is the most popular and demanding course from the perspective of the new era of digitalization. The whole world wants cybersecurity experts who can protect them from unwanted online attacks and save their data from others. Hence, colleges and universities designed the curriculum of cybersecurity in such a way that it creates a world’s leading professional who later serves the country and protects them from cyber attacks and theft. Here is the list of the world’s best universities for this amazing course:-
- Abertay University (Scotland)
- ETH Zurich, Swish Federal Institute of Technology (Switzerland)
- Boston University (USA)
- University Of Oxford (UK)
- Carnegie Mellon University (USA)
- Imperial College London (UK)
- Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)
- De Montfort University (UK)
- George Washington University (USA)
- Queen’s University Belfast (UK)
Benefits of Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
As its name suggests, cybersecurity is a group of actions that make your digital surroundings secure against cyberattacks. It focuses on particular technical implementations needed to protect user’s networks and systems. In contrast to data protection or privacy that focuses on information stored within a system, cybersecurity has a tight focus on protecting a system. Data privacy and data protection is the set of the plan aimed to save the stored data of the system.
- Prevent data violation:- It protects vulnerable data and systems at the same time from unwanted exploitation from any third party.
- Address emerging digital threats:– It warns the user of upcoming threats so that he can be aware of digital threats.
- Enhance your information security management system:- Information security management system allows a user to control their data better than with a distinct infrastructure for cybersecurity and data privacy.
- Develop compliance:- Decreasing the probability of a data violation helps users to stay compliant and neglect compliance breach penalties.
Area Covered in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Course
This particular course adopts an offensive approach for cybersecurity and data privacy, putting hacking techniques at the forefront of its course. Here are the areas that this course covered:-
- Digital Forensics:- This specialization focuses on illustrating the required skill set of computer forensic investigators. Through digital forensics, students will be able to learn different aspects of this specialization including mobile forensics and investigating network intrusions.
- Malware Analysis:- This specific area refers to the process by which the functionality and purpose of given malware samples are determined and analyzed. This program protects the user’s confidential data and personal information from cybercriminals.
- Password Cracking:- Password cracking is the most important specialization of this course. In this course, students will learn about the legal ways to hack the criminal’s password with advanced tools and techniques. It will help not only the individual but also protects the whole nation from the cyber attack of terrorists who hacked our data and may be misused later.
- Network Security:- This area covered the issues related to network security. It included both technologies; software and hardware. It is an integration of various layers of defenses in the network. It allows accessing the network from authorized users and protects from exploits and threats.
- Wireless Security:- This specific specialization allows the students to learn the concepts of securing the wireless network from venomous attempts and unauthorized access. Here students will also get to know the 3 ways of delivering network security; hardware-based, wireless setup of IPS and IDS, and wireless security algorithms.
- Privacy Law and Data Protection:- Here, students will look at the practical aspects of navigating the difficult landscape of privacy requirements. It allows a better understanding of cyber and privacy laws to protect your organization’s confidence and personal data and information.
Rather than the above-discussed area, there are plenty of specializations in this course that makes this course more interesting and versatile as well. When there are presences of a variety of disciplines and subjects, it provides a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills to the learners.
Undoubtedly, Cybersecurity and data privacy is the call of the 21st century. All the organizations and the world’s leading power shift to the digital worlds and from them to protect their confidential information and useful data is more important. A cyberattack is as dangerous as a terrorist or bomb attack. Hence, it becomes very important to create attentive and intelligent cybersecurity experts and data experts who can protect from unnecessary and harmful cyber-attack.